Thursday, June 16, 2011

NEW WORK - PAINTINGS AND SMALL COLOUR EXERCISES



"perennial symbols from the botanic realm"




This is the not quite finished, not perfectly photographed work from a couple of months ago that today I updated onto my website. I retitled it from the working title... so now it will be known as ...
  "perennial symbols from the botanic realm" A diptych it's 150 cm x 150 cm and is acrylic and canvas on linen.

The website I've been using is a free website ... Weebly ... and I put it together last year in something of a hurry ... thinking perhaps it might need to be replaced at a later date. I have found it surprisingly workable...  with improvements being made by the provider frequently... or more likely my grasp of what's possible improves as I go along.

I found a new slideshow facility today at the website that wasn't on offer last year .... so if you click here you can go see for yourself the new work I've posted up... some paintings and a series of small exercises on canvas boards.





I was delighted to have wonderful blogger friend Mary Zeran post this work above titled "nature patterning" and other works on Tumblr this week which happily brought a little traffic my way... 
Thanks Mary!


Then I discovered South African Robyn Gordon of Art Propelled renown had posted this on tumblr below... thanks Robyn!!!



artpropelled:

Painting by Sophie Munns“I  really do prefer to give the ideas time to surface… and I need to work  repetatively with impulses to make them part of my vocabulary or language… a  way has to be found into the rhythm that works … quite  simply.”  -  Sophie Munns
close-up


Painting by Sophie Munns
“I really do prefer to give the ideas time to surface… and I need to work repetatively with impulses to make them part of my vocabulary or language… a way has to be found into the rhythm that works … quite simply.”  -  Sophie Munns

This was a lovely surprise as she quoted me with the image which is actually a close-up of this work titled "Contiuum II" below:



Contiuum II


You'll also notice a series of 8 works like this one below, each 20 x 20 cm, on canvas boards that were little exercises in colour really... Ive included them in the slideshow viewing as well.



20 x20 cm canvas board by Sophie Munns
"ovatus viii"


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Blogging for me is an extension of keeping a journal which I have done in various forms over the decades. The difference being this is not a closed book! I like that it offers an opportunity to explore that which concerns me as an artist and as an individual about living and participating in this vastly complex, unquestionably exciting yet unnerving time in human history. Through the blog I hope to increase the possibilties for cross-pollination which I believe can strengthen the sense of being part of something both personal and universal that is vital, expansive and refreshing.