Sunday, April 10, 2011

revisiting work from 2007 - rethinking process!




A couple of days ago I opened a box in my studio and found a pile of postcard size artworks from 2007 ... some were originally A4-size works cropped and worked on in further stages. This inspired me to puddle around this weekend on some new stuff.


I hope to have images up soon of what Im doing at this time ... till then... these ones from 2007 are a good reminder of how one can work on something, perhaps return to it... adding another layer ... or not!


All works here are in acrylic and pigmented ink... including the white which I love for its milky-ness and semi transparent covering ability.








8 works (postcard size)










two postcards






use of a syringe filled with paint resulted in some of the works being extremely
animated... hard to control ... but capable of creating a lot of energy in the lines!






pod forms meeting the fluidity theme.






the infinity symbol was another preoccupation




Sennelier inks are rich and dense ... when using the stopper the bubbles remain in the ink and dry o create this texture.



layers of surfaces.



sennelier inks with art spectrum white



blue and brown sennellier ink



texture of the paper coming through.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Blogging for me is an extension of keeping a journal which I have done in various forms over the decades. The difference being this is not a closed book! I like that it offers an opportunity to explore that which concerns me as an artist and as an individual about living and participating in this vastly complex, unquestionably exciting yet unnerving time in human history. Through the blog I hope to increase the possibilties for cross-pollination which I believe can strengthen the sense of being part of something both personal and universal that is vital, expansive and refreshing.