Friday, January 20, 2012

working in transit... the mobile studio


Last night I returned from time out up the coast and put together a post on that at my visual eclectica blog  this morning.

I packed up some ink, watercolours and various journals and found some space to work sitting in cafes as well as at the holiday apartment. Hers a few mages from a cafe setting.


This is cotton rag paper ...a khaki journal i've been using lately... figuring out the best ways to enhance the qualities inherent in both paper and materials.



This concertina book is a really engaging surface to paint on... 


If i tire of a section i rework it or introduce other colours etc


that can mean adding or subtracting in a way that one regrets at times


but in order to give life to something that is par for the course!


In a way there are a lot of ideas stored in one small series of works in this concertina book.





Back to the cloth journal ... simple mono-prints




 and these are  a few images of the other side of the concertina book...


I started this journal at the Kew Mlllennium Seed Bank and have added to it now over several work sessions in the past few months. Ive got 4 more concertina books to use at some point and am looking forward to seeing what is generated by using this format.






mono-printed page in the cloth book



mono-printed pages



 working with textured marks




More work from Journals: 2008

                                          2011
                                         
                 and November 2011

I could post pages of journal images. Much to do... I'd best get moving now.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Blogging for me is an extension of keeping a journal which I have done in various forms over the decades. The difference being this is not a closed book! I like that it offers an opportunity to explore that which concerns me as an artist and as an individual about living and participating in this vastly complex, unquestionably exciting yet unnerving time in human history. Through the blog I hope to increase the possibilties for cross-pollination which I believe can strengthen the sense of being part of something both personal and universal that is vital, expansive and refreshing.